- Season 1
- 101 Give Me a Ring Sometime
- 102 Sam's Women
- 103 The Tortelli Tort
- 104 Sam at Eleven
- 105 Coach's Daughter
- 106 Any Friend of Diane's
- 107 Friends, Romans, Accountants
- 108 Truce or Consequences
- 109 Coach Returns to Action
- 110 Endless Slumper
- 111 One for the Book
- 112 The Spy Who Came In for a Cold One
- 113 Now Pitching, Sam Malone
- 114 Let Me Count the Ways
- 115 Father Knows Last
- 116 The Boys in the Bar
- 117 Diane's Perfect Date
- 118 No Contest
- 119 Pick a Con.. Any Con
- 120 Someone Single, Someone Blue
- 121 Showdown, Part 1
- 122 Showdown, Part 2
- Season 2
- 201 Power Play
- 202 Li'l Sister Don't Cha
- 203 Personal Business
- 204 Homicidal Ham
- 205 Sumner's Return
- 206 Affairs of the Heart
- 207 Old Flames
- 208 Manager Coach
- 209 They Called Me Mayday
- 210 How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Call You Back
- 211 Just Three Friends
- 212 Where There's a Will
- 213 Battle of the Exes
- 214 No Help Wanted
- 215 And Coachie Makes Three
- 216 Cliff's Rocky Moment
- 217 Fortune and Men's Weight
- 218 Snow Job
- 219 Coach Buries a Grudge
- 220 Norman's Conquest
- 221 I'll Be Seeing You, Part 1
- 222 I'll Be Seeing You, Part 2
- Season 3
- 301 Rebound, Part 1
- 302 Rebound, Part 2
- 303 I Call Your Name
- 304 Fairy Tales Can Come True
- 305 Sam Turns the Other Cheek
- 306 Coach in Love, Part 1
- 307 Coach in Love, Part 2
- 308 Diane Meets Mom
- 309 An American Family
- 310 Diane's Allergy
- 311 Peterson Crusoe
- 312 A Ditch in Time
- 313 Whodunit?
- 314 The Heart is a Lonely Snipehunter
- 315 King of the Hill
- 316 Teacher's Pet
- 317 The Mail Goes to Jail
- 318 Bar Bet
- 319 Behind Every Great Woman
- 320 If Ever I Would Leave You
- 321 The Executive's Executioner
- 322 Cheerio, Cheers
- 323 The Bartender's Tale
- 324 The Belles of St. Clete's
- 325 Rescue Me
- Season 4
- 401 Birth, Death, Love and Rice
- 402 Woody Goes Belly Up
- 403 Someday My Prince Will Come
- 404 The Groom Wore Clearasil
- 405 Diane's Nightmare
- 406 I Will Gladly Pay You Tuesday
- 407 2 Good to Be 4 Real
- 408 Love Thy Neighbor
- 409 From Beer to Eternity
- 410 The Barstoolie
- 411 Don Juan Is Hell
- 412 Fools and Their Money
- 413 Take My Shirt... Please
- 414 Suspicion
- 415 The Triangle
- 416 Cliffie's Big Score
- 417 Second Time Around
- 418 The Peterson Principle
- 419 Dark Imaginings
- 420 Save the Last Dance for Me
- 421 Fear Is My Co-Pilot
- 422 Diane Chambers Day
- 423 Relief Bartender
- 424 Strange Bedfellows, Part 1
- 425 Strange Bedfellows, Part 2
- 426 Strange Bedfellows, Part 3
- Season 5
- 501 The Proposal
- 502 The Cape Cad
- 503 Money Dearest
- 504 Abnormal Psychology
- 505 House of Horrors with Formal Dining and Used Brick
- 506 Tan 'n' Wash
- 507 Young Dr. Weinstein
- 508 Knights of the Scimitar
- 509 Thanksgiving Orphans
- 510 Everyone Imitates Art
- 511 The Book of Samuel
- 512 Dance, Diane, Dance
- 513 Chambers vs. Malone
- 514 Diamond Sam
- 515 Spellbound
- 516 Never Love a Goalie, Part 1
- 517 Never Love a Goalie, Part 2
- 518 One Last Fling
- 519 Dog Bites Cliff
- 520 Dinner at Eight-ish
- 521 Simon Says
- 522 The Godfather, Part III
- 523 Norm's First Hurrah
- 524 Cheers: The Motion Picture
- 525 A House Is Not a Home
- 526 I Do, Adieu
- Season 6
- 601 Home Is the Sailor
- 602 I on Sports
- 603 Little Carla, Happy at Last: Part 1
- 604 Little Carla, Happy at Last: Part 2
- 605 The Crane Mutiny
- 606 Paint Your Office
- 607 The Last Angry Mailman
- 608 Bidding on the Boys
- 609 Pudd'n Head Boyd
- 610 A Kiss Is Still a Kiss
- 611 My Fair Clavin
- 612 Christmas Cheers
- 613 Woody for Hire Meets Norman of the Apes
- 614 And God Created Woodman
- 615 Tale of Two Cuties
- 616 Yacht of Fools
- 617 To All the Girls I've Loved Before
- 618 Let Sleeping Drakes Lie
- 619 Airport V
- 620 The Sam in the Gray Flannel Suit
- 621 Our Hourly Bread
- 622 Slumber Party Massacred
- 623 Bar Wars
- 624 The Big Kiss-Off
- 625 Backseat Becky, Up Front
- Season 7
- 701 How to Recede in Business
- 702 Swear to God
- 703 Executive Sweet
- 704 One Happy Chappy in a Snappy Serape
- 705 Those Lips, Those Ice
- 706 Norm, Is That You?
- 707 How to Win Friends and Electrocute People
- 708 Jumping Jerks
- 709 Send in the Crane
- 710 Bar Wars II: The Woodman Strikes Back
- 711 Adventures in Housesitting
- 712 Please Mr. Postman
- 713 Golden Boyd
- 714 I Kid You Not
- 715 Don't Paint Your Chickens
- 716 The Cranemakers
- 717 Hot Rocks
- 718 What's Up, Doc?
- 719 The Gift of the Woodi
- 720 Call Me Irresponsible
- 721 Sisterly Love
- 722 The Visiting Lecher
- Season 8
- 801 The Improbable Dream (Part 1)
- 802 The Improbable Dream (Part 2)
- 803 A Bar is Born
- 804 How to Marry a Mailman
- 805 The Two Faces of Norm
- 806 The Stork Brings a Crane
- 807 Death Takes a Holiday On Ice
- 808 For Real Men Only
- 809 Two Girls for Every Boyd
- 810 The Art of the Steal
- 811 Feeble Attraction
- 812 Sam Ahoy
- 813 Sammy and the Professor
- 814 What Is... Cliff Clavin?
- 815 Finally! (Part 1)
- 816 Finally! (Part 2)
- 817 Woody or Won't He
- 818 Severe Crane Damage
- 819 Indoor Fun with Sammy and Robby
- 820 50-50 Carla
- 821 Bar Wars III: The Return of Tecumseh
- 822 Loverboyd
- 823 The Ghost and Mrs. Lebec
- 824 Mr. Otis Regrets
- 825 Cry Hard
- 826 Cry Harder
- Season 9
- 901 Love Is a Really, Really, Perfectly Okay Thing
- 902 Cheers Fouls Out
- 903 Rebecca Redux
- 904 Where Nobody Knows Your Name
- 905 Ma Always Liked You Best
- 906 Grease
- 907 Breaking In Is Hard to Do
- 908 Cheers 200th Anniversary Special
- 910 Bad Neighbor Sam
- 911 Veggie-Boyd
- 912 Norm and Cliff's Excellent Adventure
- 913 Woody Interruptus
- 914 Honor Thy Mother
- 915 Achilles Hill
- 916 The Days of Wine and Neuroses
- 917 Wedding Bell Blues
- 918 I'm Getting My Act Together and Sticking It in Your Face
- 919 Sam Time Next Year
- 920 Crash of the Titans
- 921 It's a Wonderful Wife
- 922 Cheers Has Chilli
- 923 Carla Loves Clavin
- 924 Pitch It Again, Sam
- 925 Rat Girl
- 926 Home Malone
- 927 Uncle Sam Wants You
- Season 10
- 1001 Baby Balk
- 1002 Get Your Kicks on Route 666
- 1003 Madame LaCarla
- 1004 The Norm Who Came to Dinner
- 1005 Ma's Little Maggie
- 1006 Unplanned Parenthood
- 1007 Bar Wars V: The Final Judgment
- 1008 Where Have All the Floorboards Gone?
- 1009 Head Over Hill
- 1010 A Fine French Whine
- 1011 I'm Okay, You're Defective
- 1012 Go Make
- 1013 Don't Shoot... I'm Only the Psychiatrist
- 1014 No Rest for the Woody
- 1015 My Son, the Father
- 1016 One Hugs, the Other Doesn't
- 1017 A Diminished Rebecca with a Suspended Cliff
- 1018 License to Hill
- 1019 Rich Man, Wood Man
- 1020 Smotherly Love
- 1021 Take Me Out of the Ball Game
- 1022 Rebecca's Lover... Not
- 1023 Bar Wars VI: This Time It's for Real
- 1024 Heeeeere's... Cliffy!
- 1025 An Old-Fashioned Wedding
- Season 11
- 1101 The Little Match Girl
- 1102 The Beer Is Always Greener
- 1103 The King of Beers
- 1104 The Magnificent Six
- 1105 Do Not Forsake Me O' My Postman
- 1106 Teaching with the Enemy
- 1107 The Girl in the Plastic Bubble
- 1108 Ill-Gotten Gaines
- 1109 Feelings... Whoa, Whoa, Whoa
- 1110 Daddy's Little Middle-Aged Girl
- 1111 Love Me, Love My Car
- 1112 Sunday Dinner
- 1113 Norm's Big Audit
- 1114 It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Bar
- 1115 Loathe and Marriage
- 1116 Is There a Doctor in the Howe?: Part 1
- 1117 The Bar Manager, the Shrink, His Wife and Her Lover: Part 2
- 1118 The Last Picture Show
- 1119 Bar Wars VII: The Naked Prey
- 1120 Look Before You Sleep
- 1121 Woody Gets an Election
- 1122 It's Lonely on the Top
- 1123 Rebecca Gaines, Rebecca Loses
- 1125 The Guy Can't Help it
- 1126 One for the Road
Cheers is a Boston bar where "everybody knows your name", run by former baseball player and recovering alcoholic Sam Malone.
Ted Danson, Shelley Long, Kirstie Alley, Rhea Perlman, John Ratzenberger, George Wendt, Kelsey Grammer, Woody Harrelson, Nicholas Colasanto, Bebe Neuwirth.
Recurring Actors: Paul Willson, Jackie Swanson, Roger Rees, Keene Curtis, Dan Hedaya, Frances Sternhagen.
Original Run: 1982-1993.
Quote of the Day
Sam: Good heavens, man, I thought you were at the Cape.
John: I was until the police called to tell me the silent alarm had gone off upstairs.
Sam: Ah, uh, yeah... That was, that was us, John. l- l'm sorry, we, uh, borrowed a few things for our simple dinner here.
Sam: John, I'll tell you what. Why don't you join us, please? Please come sit at my right hand.
John: No, no, no, thank you. Please, I couldn't. But since no harm was done, I'll be on my way. Happy Thanksgiving. And do sterilize everything. [exits]
Sam: Thank you, John, and happy Thanksgiving.
Rebecca: So how'd you spot him?
Sam: I saw the reflection of his head in the dessert tray.
Norm: [enters] Afternoon, everybody.
Paul: Hey, Norm, how's the world been treatin' ya?
Norm: Like a baby treats a diaper.
Cliff: Norm, it's a little known fact the word "Florida" comes from the language of the Okefenokee Indians and it means literally, "place where the old people come to sweat".
Diane: Sam, I know you to be a man of pride and principle, but strength is also to be found in the ability to bend. Witness the willow, nature's strongest tree.
Sam: No, I thought the oak was the strongest tree.
Diane: Only in furniture.
Sam: What about the saying "strong as the mighty oak"?
Diane: The oak can be felled by a single harsh wind under the right circumstances.
Sam: All right, but what about birch and mahogany? Now, those--
Diane: Would you shut up about the damn trees?
Sam: You brought them up.
Norm: Well! Hey I tell ya, is that Cliff Clavin or is that Don Ho, huh? Where ya been, buddy, some, uh, faraway island resort?
Cliff: Oh, easy mistake, Norm, but, no, I got this tan right here in Beantown.
Norm: Is that at the new Tan 'N Wash I've been hearing so danged much about?
Cliff: That's right, Normie. And, by the way, did you realize that the tan first gained popularity in what is now known as the Bronze Age?
Norm: Great, great. Well, I'm sold.
Cliff: Oh, and, by the way, look how white I used to be. [pulls down his sock]
Sam: You wore your socks in the tanning booth?
Cliff: Well, l, I gotta be careful, Sammy. The Clavin men have, uh, feet like a baby's bottom.
Carla: With faces to match.
Diane: Well, what I can't fathom is how one can drink cold beer in freezing weather.
Norm: Cliff? Explanation please.
Diane: Now, how do you know he has one?
Norm: Five bucks says he does, ten says it's a doozy.
Cliff: When the British ruled Punjab...
Norm: Ten bucks all the way.
Cliff: ...they drank steaming hot tea on the hottest days of the year to balance out their inside and outside temperatures. See, conversely, drinking an ice-cold drink on a cold day actually results in a more comfortable body temperature.
Diane: All right. Why do you drink ice-cold beer on a hot day?
Norm: Mr. Clavin?
Cliff: What else are you gonna do with it?
Sam: One by one, I seem to be losing my, uh thrills and, uh, tingles, you know? I keep asking myself, "What- What is the point to life?"
Woody: Whoo, that's a tough question.
Cliff: Eh. Well, I got the answer.
Frasier: Somehow, I knew you would.
Cliff: Comfortable shoes.
Cliff: Yeah, if you're not wearing comfortable shoes, life is just chaos. I mean, the greatest accomplishments in history have been made by men wearing accommodating shoes. Uh, Frasier, tell me, who do you think is the greatest thinker in all mankind?
Frasier: I don't know, uh, Aristotle.
Cliff: There you go. Sandals. Perhaps the most comfortable shoe there is. You hardly even know you have them on. I mean, Confucius, thongs. Einstein, loose loafers.
Top Rated Episodes
Most Popular Episodes
- 918. I'm Getting My Act Together and Sticking It in Your Face
- 122. Showdown, Part 2
- 114. Let Me Count the Ways
- 612. Christmas Cheers
- 617. To All the Girls I've Loved Before
- 1126. One for the Road
- 210. How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Call You Back
- 314. The Heart is a Lonely Snipehunter
- 710. Bar Wars II: The Woodman Strikes Back
- 704. One Happy Chappy in a Snappy Serape