Gilmore Girls Quotes
- Season 1
- 101 Pilot
- 102 The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton
- 103 Kill Me Now
- 104 The Deer Hunters
- 105 Cinnamon's Wake
- 106 Rory's Birthday Parties
- 107 Kiss and Tell
- 108 Love and War Show
- 109 Rory's Dance
- 110 Forgiveness and Stuff
- 111 Paris Is Burning
- 112 Double Date
- 113 Concert Interruptus
- 114 That Damn Donna Reed
- 115 Christopher Returns
- 116 Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers
- 117 The Breakup, Part 2
- 118 The Third Lorelai
- 119 Emily in Wonderland
- 120 P.S. I Lo...
- 121 Love, Daisies and Troubadours
- Season 2
- 201 Sadie, Sadie
- 202 Hammers and Veils
- 203 Red Light on the Wedding Night
- 204 The Road Trip to Harvard
- 205 Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy
- 206 Presenting Lorelai Gilmore
- 207 Like Mother, Like Daughter
- 208 The Ins and Outs of Inns
- 209 Run Away, Little Boy
- 210 The Bracebridge Dinner
- 211 Secrets & Loans
- 212 Richard in Stars Hollow
- 213 A-Tisket, A-Tasket
- 214 It Should've Been Lorelai
- 215 Lost and Found
- 216 There's the Rub
- 217 Dead Uncles and Vegetables
- 218 Back in the Saddle Again
- 219 Teach Me Tonight
- 220 Help Wanted
- 221 Lorelai's Graduation Day
- 222 I Can't Get Started
- Season 3
- 301 Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
- 302 Haunted Leg
- 303 Application Anxiety
- 304 One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes
- 305 Eight O'Clock at the Oasis
- 306 Take the Deviled Eggs...
- 307 They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?
- 308 Let the Games Begin
- 309 A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving
- 310 That'll Do, Pig
- 311 I Solemnly Swear
- 312 Lorelai Out of Water
- 313 Dear Emily and Richard
- 314 Swan Song
- 315 Face-Off
- 316 The Big One
- 317 A Tale of Poes and Fire
- 318 Happy Birthday, Baby
- 319 Keg! Max!
- 320 Say Goodnight, Gracie
- 321 Here Comes the Son
- 322 Those Are Strings, Pinocchio
- Season 4
- 401 Ballrooms and Biscotti
- 402 The Lorelais' First Day at Yale
- 403 The Hobbit, the Sofa and Digger Stiles
- 404 Chicken or Beef?
- 405 The Fundamental Things Apply
- 406 An Affair to Remember
- 407 The Festival of Living Art
- 408 Die, Jerk
- 409 Ted Koppel's Big Night Out
- 410 The Nanny and the Professor
- 411 In the Clamor and the Clangor
- 412 A Family Matter
- 413 Nag Hammadi Is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels
- 414 The Incredible Sinking Lorelais
- 415 Scene in a Mall
- 416 The Reigning Lorelai
- 417 Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' The Twist
- 418 Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom!
- 419 Afterboom
- 420 Luke Can See Her Face
- 421 Last Week Fights, This Week Tights
- 422 Raincoats and Recipes
- Season 5
- 501 Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller
- 502 A Messenger, Nothing More
- 503 Written in the Stars
- 504 Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too
- 505 We Got Us a Pippi Virgin
- 506 Normal Mailer, I'm Pregnant
- 507 You Jump, I Jump, Jack
- 508 The Party's Over
- 509 Emily Says Hello
- 510 But Not as Cute as Pushkin
- 511 Women of Questionable Morals
- 512 Come Home
- 513 Wedding Bell Blues
- 514 Say Something
- 515 Jews and Chinese Food
- 516 So... Good Talk
- 517 Pulp Friction
- 518 To Live and Let Diorama
- 519 But I'm a Gilmore!
- 520 How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?
- 521 Blame Booze and Melville
- 522 A House Is Not a Home
- Season 6
- 601 New and Improved Lorelai
- 602 Fight Face
- 603 The UnGraduate
- 604 Always a Godmother, Never a God
- 605 We've Got Magic to Do
- 606 Welcome to the Doll House
- 607 Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number
- 608 Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out
- 609 The Prodigal Daughter Returns
- 610 He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?
- 611 The Perfect Dress
- 612 Just Like Gwen and Gavin
- 613 Friday Night's Alright for Fighting
- 614 You've Been Gilmored
- 615 A Vineyard Valentine
- 616 Bridesmaids Revisited
- 617 I'm OK, You're OK
- 618 The Real Paul Anka
- 619 I Get a Sidekick Out of You
- 620 Super Cool Party People
- 621 Driving Miss Gilmore
- 622 Partings
- Season 7
- 701 The Long Morrow
- 702 That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee
- 703 Lorelai's First Cotillion
- 704 'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous
- 705 The Great Stink
- 706 Go, Bulldogs!
- 707 French Twist
- 708 Introducing Lorelai Planetarium
- 709 Knit, People, Knit!
- 710 Merry Fisticuffs
- 711 Santa's Secret Stuff
- 712 To Whom It May Concern
- 713 I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia
- 714 Farewell, My Pet
- 715 I Am Kayak, Hear Me Roar
- 716 Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?
- 717 Gilmore Girls Only
- 718 Hay Bale Maze
- 719 It's Just Like Riding a Bike
- 720 Lorelai? Lorelai?
- 721 Unto the Breach
- 722 Bon Voyage
Lorelai Gilmore has an especially close bond with her daughter, Rory, whom she had when she was sixteen. Wanting what's best for her daughter, Lorelai is even willing to reconnect with her estranged parents, Richard and Emily, so they will help put star pupil Rory through a local private school.
Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale, Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop, Edward Herrmann, Liza Weil, Sean Gunn.
Recurring Actors: Jared Padalecki, Milo Ventimiglia, Sally Struthers, Liz Torres.
Original Run: 2000-2007.
Quote of the Day
Luke: What in the hell do you think you're doing?
Kirk: I was just getting some coffee.
Luke: You came behind my counter.
Kirk: I saw Lorelai do it the other day.
Luke: Lorelai is my fiancee.
Kirk: So only people you're sleeping with are allowed behind the counter?
Kirk: Well, I don't really know you that well, Luke. I mean, I know what you do for a living, and I know you're a Scorpio, and you smell okay, but we've never really connected on a deeper level.
Luke: Get out from behind my counter, Kirk.
Kirk: Well, now it's a definite no.
Lane: [on the phone] Need I mention the rock 'n' roll casualties from intra-band dating?
Rory: I know they're numerous.
Lane: Not that there's not success stories. I mean, you've got your Cramps, your Yo La Tengo, your Kim and Thurstons.
Rory: Sonny and Cher, the Early Years.
Lane: Plus, you've got bands that have survived breakups, No Doubt.
Rory: Wish they hadn't.
Lane: X, Supertramp, The White Stripes. But in the negative, you have...
Rory: Sonny and Cher, the Later Years.
Lane: Jefferson Airplane, Fleetwood Mac. I know of two country music stars whose backup singers shot them in the groin.
Rory: Whoa. That's wicked hate.
Lorelai: Okay. Wait. Just wait. We can still leave.
Lorelai: Rory, right now is the point in the horror movie where the entire audience is yelling, "Don't go in there."
Emily: What on earth does Frank Lloyd Wright have to do with my salad?
Richard: And your walnuts.
Lorelai: Mrs. Wright apparently had this major problem with her help. She was very rough on them and they totally hated her. So this guy who had worked for her forever, he had finally had enough. I believe the incident was over walnuts, wasn't it, honey?
Rory: The exact cause has not been proven.
Lorelai: Anyhow, Mrs. Wright invites this whole posse of people over for dinner and they're all sitting around eating, and Mr. Disgruntled Servant Guy goes outside and locks all the doors and windows and douses the whole house in gasoline and sets the place on fire.
Emily: My goodness.
Lorelai: So the house is on fire, and people are freaking out, so they run to the doors but the doors are locked, so a few of them try to get out through the windows, but Mr. Angry-Puss is standing outside with an ax hacking them to death and so they all died.
Emily: Why on earth would you tell me that story?
Lorelai: All I'm saying is, sometimes eating a walnut is preferable to getting hacked to death or set on fire during dinner.
Emily: One of these days I'm going to make you eat in your room.
Rory: Hey, it's freezing.
Lorelai: What do you need? Hot tea, coffee?
Rory: Lip gloss.
Lorelai: Uh-huh. I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow.
Rory: Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?
Lorelai: Yes. It has no smell, but it changes colors with your mood.
Rory: God. RuPaul doesn't need this much makeup.
Lorelai: Well, you're crabby.
Rory: I'm sorry. I lost my Macy Gray CD, and I need caffeine.
Lorelai: Oh, I have your CD.
Lorelai: Sorry, and I will get you some coffee.
Lorelai: Two hours we spent picking out invitations. Two hours.
Lorelai: Not counting the one hour we spent picking out the calligraphy for a party.
Christopher: This is gonna be some shindig.
Lorelai: "Would you like the brown card with the cream-colored detail and the parchment insert, or would you like the cream-colored card with the silk lining and the clear paper insert?" How about I'd like some cyanide and a 30-story building to jump off of?
Lorelai: Michel, get that, please.
Michel: I cannot.
Lorelai: We've been over this. We all cover the phone. That includes you.
Michel: Don't misunderstand. I wanted to answer it, I truly did. But today, I'm suffering from ennui.
Michel: Severe ennui. You know what ennui is, yes?
Lorelai: Yes, Webster's defines ennui as a lazy, soon-to-be-out-of-work French concierge who won't answer the phone.
Michel: Look, I've made my peace with the fact that everyone who calls here is a notch above brain dead. And that the pennies I am thrown each week are in exchange for me dealing with these people in a nonviolent manner. And usually that is fine, but today, sorry, lady, I have ennui.
Lorelai: So, you're sleepy?
Michel: It's a metaphysical angst.
Lorelai: So you want to go beddy-bye?
Michel: You make light, it increases my ennui.